Thursday, November 4, 2010

Regrets? I've had a few more


Another day, another dollar... but I'm working my ass off for the things today, as half the staff seem to think that the first Thursday in November has been proclaimed a federal holiday and none of them need show up.

So... regrets. Out of my office, away from my computer... out on the front desk and "yes, I'm sure we have something by (name the best selling author) in stock - maybe you should go and look in the fiction category instead of hanging around here giving me a hard time because you're too lazy to walk five feet to that section." People - can't live with them, can't live without them being a pain in the ass.

However...

Standing out on the frontline of the sticky end of literature has given me some time to think, and to realize that the last week or so has given me some of the most amazing emotional experiences of my entire on-line life. And also the opportunity to look back on some of those experiences' predecessors and to finally understand, regardless of the means by which we relate to another person, there is nothing in the world as important as friendship.

And if that friendship happens to include a bucketful of orgasms... every night of the week... then it not only transcends the medium, it transcends mere physicality as well.

Which isn't something I ever thought I'd sit down and say about a bunch of pixels, wires and an internet connection, topped off by a voice server that transforms conversation into a series of morse code messages. Seems like there really is a first time for everything.

"Yes, I'm sure we have something by (name the best selling author) in stock - allow me to stop doing whatever it is I need to get done, and I will graciously accompany you on the long and perilous journey to the relevant bookshelf."

No comments:

Post a Comment