Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Best is Still the Best

Okay, I’m slightly biased, in as much as the publication of each year’s Best Women’s Erotica is one of those events that I actively look forward to; has been, ever since I stumbled across my first copy back in 2004, picked up all the past volumes on the spot, and then marked on my calendar the arrival of the next. Plus, with my non-pseudonymous alter-ego having had a story of my own published in last year’s edition (Chrissie Bentley, if you care), I now feel kind of proprietary too.

You know the formula, I’m sure. A raft of stories selected by editor Violet Blue from a year’s worth of hopeful submissions, and chosen with an eye for the story, not whatever fame that the author may have. All are written by women, all base their stand around the woman’s point of view, and all of course were written before fifty shades of whatever descended upon the world of literary erotica and rewrote the mainstream rules for the foreseeable future. Which is a scary thought that I’m sure we’ll be addressing at some point in the future. 


Read the rest at Eden Fantasys

No comments:

Post a Comment